Type

Subject

Description

Your request has been sent to the content admin. here

Camo

Keywords: Camo

Cartman What is your choice of camo ?
Why is it better ?

Give background information : Country, vegetation...

5 years ago

Anonymous I'm in Finland and play mostly at woodland gamesites. My choice of camo is Russian Flora which works great in woodland and for my loadout aswell! I used "camogroom" also but, not the best camo for woodland.

5 years ago

NordicAirsoft I'm Finnsh too, my area is pine forest, temperate forest (much like mid-West-North-Europe) and these two mixed plus some crumbled buildings, ruins, tunnels and such.

3 years ago

NordicAirsoft I'm Finnsh too, my area is pine forest, temperate forest (much like mid-West-North-Europe) and these two mixed plus some crumbled buildings, ruins, tunnels and such. I use the British DPM pattern, it is much better in forests that have long, spiky shadows (pine, sparse temperate). Many of my friends use woodland, but it doesn't work so well. Even better is the Finnish M05 camo (one of the best suited pine camos in the world) which was copied by the Russians and is now better known as Jagel.

3 years ago

Cartman I'm in France,in west.
that mean mostly Forest, woodland context.

I'm using Surpat, which is a digital multiterrain pattern design by russian company Survival Corps
I like it very much, cause it adapt to sunny / dark situation, specially in the wood where we play

5 years ago

MerlinDKM Florida is a particularly diverse state when it comes to vegetation, there for a variety of camos will fit in. Dropkick Mercenaries standard uniform is your traditional woodland (as our field is a thick forest of palmettos and pines). We will be experimenting with Multicam on our field soon, as traditional 3-part desert does not work very well on our field.

Many places to the south of us would require Multicam or even a Desert (Prefer traditional 3-part), especially in the winter time when the vegetation tends to brown up. Alot of the area is either rocky or tall grass with alot of gold/browns to it.

In general, many of our team members do not like digital patterns, which is why we do not use them.

5 years ago

Jacqques I have done some research about this topic trying to decide what i wanted to wear. All the webpages i have seen conserning the issue of choosing digital or not, said that digital is the best. Supposed to be around 40% at 200 meters.
www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm

But digital is a fairly new type of camo, as far as i am informed, it doesnt come in all patterns for all areas.
please correct me if anything i wrote is wrong.

5 years ago

Cartman In terms of multi terrain pattern, the only one I know, is SURPAT (in digital)

5 years ago

Claymore5 It all depends on the environment. If color changes on the field are very close together, digital is great, but if there aren't verymany colors & there are large areas of each color, digital is about the worst patern you can get.

5 years ago

Jacqques I am not sure what u think of when I say digital, it is a pattern, u can have digital tigger. It comes in different colors, and it is currently on the development state. Here is just some basic info on digital, not much to read but, still offers some nice information. www.kamouflage.net/article/science.php

5 years ago

Riotharmus Digi cam's have been around for a few years now, adopted mainly by the US forces (all three services with their own variations), it's been out in the field and held up quite well.. though is constantly under review.

5 years ago

Jacqques ok awesome, didn't know that al 3 had got their patterns, only thought it was 2 of the services :)

5 years ago

Huxy Technically, digicam has been around since the russians tested it in the 1950s...

5 years ago

ironweevil French CCE is surprisingly versitile. Seen it in both Greenside and Desert environments working very well

2 years ago

Cartman I'm waiting for the new ATACS for Forest environnement that should come in november :)

5 years ago

Cartman really disappointed by this new A-TACS FG..mainly Green, no grey, no brown...won't be that efficient in France Woods...

5 years ago

Claymore5 I currently use 5 different types of camo, each for a different type of environment &/or purpose.

digital: areas where there's a lot of color changes.
leopard: areas that have vegetation, but also have a lot of dirt & rocks.
blotch: areas that don't have much color variation.
solid: night-ops & "crowd camouflage"
tiger: areas that have a lot of color change, but not very many colors.

5 years ago

area19 Anyone know anywhere we could get the New British Army Camo, we want to bring this into stock in our shop?

5 years ago

Cartman do you mean the MTP ?

5 years ago

RugbyGoth I use multicam because it's fashion and tacticool!

5 years ago

Dead-BoltAirsoft I always prefer the ghillie suit! I handmake all of mine and even sell them... I live in southern Wisconsin and its mostly Oak and Pine so more of a darker shade or green and brown. and oh of coarse lovely winter is great. haha

5 years ago

Riotharmus camo's as much about personal choice as it is concealment, especially in airsoft engagement distances. (with the exception of a well trained sniper and his ghillie).

I'm from the UK and i've found Flecktarn to be a really sound and reliable camo, due to the high amounts of brown. If you fancy digital then Cadpat is a sound option again because the high content of brown seems to fit in really well with UK woodlands.

Urban: cam doesn't make too much difference and become a team id or style statement.. i've tried ACU... not convinced, prefer to run out in black top with tan trousers, a bit more of the PMC look.

for night time i avoid solid colours (aids outlines at night), use your normal Camo as if it works in the day, it'll work at the night!!

5 years ago

Anonymous after years of testing, we came to conclusion that best camo for WOOD is russiah LESHY. Its not detectable by thermal vision aswell ;)

5 years ago

Timberwolf In western Canada CADPAT/MARPAT works flawlessly. In dense forests CADPAT is literally an invisibility cloak, and MARPAT works great when there's a few more colours around. However some patens that most people look over are Hyperstealth technology's full list of specace digital camos. They've got a camo for every environment on earth.

5 years ago

silentstalker I usually use the outdated traditional guerrilla camo. it works well enough down here in Florida and blends well with thick weeds and palmetto bushes ( and I usually play at night)

5 years ago

Huxy It simply varies with my mood.
-Plain OD
-WW2 SS dot pattern
-WW2 Heer splintern pattern
-DPM
-Norwegian 'lyng 3' pattern
-Multicam
-US Woodland

And so much more.

5 years ago

NukeAnthrowolf Im Danish, I usually play in heavy forest areas, so my choice of camo is the M84 Camo (Standard Danish army camo) its highly effective when sniping... For indoors play i prefer ODgreen or all black like the old days, it works fine because there is no pattern to catch the eye...

4 years ago

jamoy1993 I use DPM for the main reason is that id blends well with most backgrounds in the UK. I just dont understand why everyone in the UK uses desert camo its just. Silly in my opinion

4 years ago

elydotsnry In NY, where it is particularly wooded, I use a German- made camo.... It has mostly brown and green splotches with some black mixed in there too which is great if you are the sniping kind. It's worked in most of my skirmishes and one of the best features is that it is light so someone can't overheat in it during the summer

4 years ago

elydotsnry In NY, where it is particularly wooded, I use a German- made camo.... It has mostly brown and green splotches with some black mixed in there too which is great if you are the sniping kind. It's worked in most of my skirmishes and one of the best features is that it is light so someone can't overheat in it during the summer

4 years ago

Cartman flecktarn ;)

4 years ago

Cartman Does anybody use Pencott camo ??

4 years ago

YoLoL ACU, it blends well with the enviroment during the dry season and MARPAT for the rainy season. Easy to get also and very distinct from the official army forces camo :)

4 years ago

StealthMaster Where I play (CT), the maple trees are always thick and the grass is short but desert tan camo surprisingly works great, especially in the winter when the grass dies and the leaves fall off the trees.

1 year ago
Cartman

This content will be permanently deleted. Are you sure?

This content will be permanently deleted. Are you sure?

I certify i have the right to distribute this contents and they do not violate the Terms of Use

Description

This resource will be permanently deleted.
Are you sure?

Are you sure that you want to delete this photo?